Friday, December 3, 2010

Words Whats your favourite!



Words have the power to evoke any emotion in us. Striking me as interesting topic. I am very curious if people have a favourite word and what emotion it evokes for them.
Here is some interesting one to me...

ALAS - beautiful to say, but you generally hear something sad to follow.
OXYMORON - Uh ya. totally fun to say, can only be said when it fits context, cool definition too.
TUMULTUOUS - Sounds strange to the ear... I tend to think 'loud and confused'
BABUSHKA - Sounds either spy-like or potato picker with fabric headwear.
PROTOCOL - Not my fave, kinda gives me stomach knots... very orderly, clipboard-ish sounding. Makes me wanna go the other way. Cause chances are good I did not follow "protocol". yuck
AMOK - Liking that! Evoking that someone has taken off. I find it hard not to smile when I say it, also makes me feel much older than my years 'weird you say?" please try it. "They have all run amuck"

No comments:

Post a Comment